Tuesday, April 10, 2007

dissenting viewpoint

He woke up strapped to a chair. His head felt mangled.
"Spencer, you woke up. Good for you!"
Daniel kicked the chair over and kicked up through the seat, hitting Spencer in the balls. Two men pulled the chair back upright.
Spencer coughed.
"Yeah, I'm up. What the hell?"
"The fuck you talking about? What did we agree to?"
"You gave me all the rocks you had on yourself. That's it."
"Don't start playing dumb with me. You saw this coming-- what's the rest?"
"I'd... pay you on Friday, I didn't have any money then. Let me get my dad's credit card. You take American Express?"
Daniel kicked Spencer over again and nailed his balls another few times. He got pulled up again.
"What's it called? 'Insult to injury?' Shit's corny."
"I didn't say it."
"What day is it?"
"Let me get my day planner out."
"It's Saturday, dickhead. And where's my money?"
"Hold on, I'm getting a vision."
"Cause it's not in my pocket, my boys-- y'all don't have it, do you? No. I should have known better. Should have known you wouldn't have any. Cause you're a shitty liar, that scar above your eye twitches when you lie."
Spencer sighed.
"You're right. I stole from you, I didn't pay you off."
Daniel pulled out his gun.
"And you know I got a reputation to keep. You knew exactly what was going to happen, that's how you 'came up with' that corny shit to say. Probably knew I was gonna say this."
"Yeah, I did."
"Couldn't just pull the trigger yourself?"
Spencer shrugged.
"Well, no more Bruce Willis Sixth Sense shit for you. You wanna see dead people, just look in the mirror, if you can still see when you die."
Daniel shot Spencer. His last thought was, Bruce Willis didn't see dead people.

No comments: